I haven’t posted my daily load out for quite some time so I thought it was time again! I tend to use one of three bags depending on what I want to transport (or plan to do for the day) I pick up one of the following three:
- Peak Design Everyday Sling 6l
- Timbuk 2 Command (ca 2016)
- Timbuk 2 Especial Tres (ca 2013)
My new default is the smallest: The Everyday Sling which I reviewed recently. If I plan to work from somewhere other than my apartment I take the Command messenger and if I need to transport a lot, I take the Especial Tres.
In this post I want to focus on what’s in my Sling bag, since this is my default and the others have pretty much the same in them but simply replace the camera with a laptop (and whatever else I need to transport).
For situations where I just need the bare minimum of stuff with me, I use a Peak Design Everyday Sling 6l (black). In there I have the following items:
- Passport / Photo ID
- iPad (7th gen)
- Logitech Keys-to-go keyboard
- My journal (Leuchtturm 1917 A5, dotted, hardcover)
- Leuchtturm 1917 notepad (squared)
- My fountain pen (Lamy accent), Uniball mechanical pencil, fine liners
- Neutrogena hand creme
- Sony NEX 6 with 18-105mm lens which I can clip onto the outside of the bag
- Anker Powercore II 20000 (which is enough for charging my phone and iPad multiple times) including an Anker PowerLine+ 6ft lightning cable
- Not in the picture: Apple Camera-Lightning adapter for getting pictures from the camera onto the iPad for post-processing and uploading
The iPad combined with the external keyboard allows me to pretty much do anything except for coding. With the right adapters I can even post-process the pictures from my camera and write and publish blog posts.
The underside of the bag also has two straps that I use to carry a light rain-jacket or weather-proof hoodie with me just in case 🙂